We are keen at Thanet District council that as many households as possible take up funding and support to avoid fuel poverty, so we are offering training and information for partner organisations, see below. This will enable staff to identify when someone is in fuel poverty and what help is available.
We have also set up a referral system to assist householders access funding for measures.
This winter Covid -19 is likely to have an economic impact on many householders ability to pay for their fuel. Already over 7,000 households in Thanet are in fuel poverty and struggle to keep their house warm.
Fortunately, there is assistance available for both householders and tenants to install measures, get advice, assist with fuel debt and refer to schemes.
Currently take up of schemes is low and the support complex to understand.
Please let me know if your staff/team would like to
1) Attend a briefing session on Fuel Poverty and schemes available in Thanet. Available dates are below.
2) Like me to attend a team briefing/meeting that you are holding
3) Attend NEA training on Fuel poverty and get a printed list of support available in Thanet
4) Like further written guidance
5) Know partner organisations that this would be useful for
Dates for training sessions - Each session is 45 minutes with time for questions.
5th November 10am (join the meeting at 10am, for a 10.15am start)
12th November 10am (join the meeting at 10am, for a 10.15am start)
25th November 1pm (join the meeting at 1pm, for a 1.15pm start)
I hope that together we can assist householders to have affordable warmth this winter.
Kind Regards, Eve Lockton-Goddard
Created with Mobirise web page maker